Events & Farmers’ Markets
YES! WE PLEDGE TO SUPPORT FOOD DAY CANADA AND SHINE A LIGHT ON CANADIAN FOOD AND FARMING ON JULY 31,2021!
By pledging to be a Food Day Canada partner, we agree to promote Canadian ingredients and people in the food system with the spirit of the Food Day Canada celebration.
"*" indicates required fields
How to participate?
1. Host a Food Day Canada event or feature.
- Create All-Canadian menus or special features on July 31st.
- Use special signage, social media or contests to bring attention to your efforts.
- Use #FoodDayCanada and we will help amplify your event!
2. Help promote Food Day Canada and ways for people to shop, cook and eat like a Canadian.
Encourage everyone to cook for themselves or support a local restaurant or your event. Promote Canadian ingredients, foods and beverages and share gratitude towards the people in the food system in your neighbourhood.
3. Shine a Light
On July 31, 2021, shine a light to show your support! This will create a wave of red and white lights across timezones to go along with major icons being lit up in red and white from coast to coast.
Do you have a building or structure that could be lit up red or white or both? Think creatively! We’ve had airplanes, large buildings and Niagara Falls lit up in the past. Share your plans with us.
Individuals – Encourage your team and social circles to get involved. At 9:00 p.m. on July 31st turn on those lights. Through windows, on balconies, front porches or fields, wherever you are, turn on your flashlight on your phone or other lights. If there’s an icon lit up near you, take a road trip and take a pic with it!
4. Share your stories and pictures with #FoodDayCanada
Tell us about your event, menus, food, and people or why you’re shining your light for Canadian food and farming and the great people who make it happen using #FoodDayCanada.