Zucchini & Yellow Split Pea Saute
• 1 Tbsp (15 mL) canola oil
• 2 green onions, chopped
• 2 zucchini, medium, sliced
• 1 cup (250 mL) dried yellow split peas, cooked according to package
• 2 tomatoes, medium, sliced
• 1 cup (250 mL) reduced-fat cheddar cheese, shredded
• 1 red onion, in rings
• Dash each of garlic powder, light soy sauce and pepper
Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-low heat.
Sauté green onions and zucchini slices until slightly tender, about 5 minutes. Add cooked yellow split peas. Stir gently.
Layer tomato slices over top and sprinkle with 2/3 cup shredded cheese. Layer onion rings over mixture and add remaining cheese. SPRINKLE garlic powder, soy sauce and pepper over top.
Reduce heat to low, place lid on the pan and heat ingredients for about 5 minutes. Serve immediately.