Wild Cranberry Vinaigrette
Wild cranberries are foraged all across Canada’s north. If you cannot find wild, substitute commercially grown berries. When they’re in season, I freeze them to make this great dressing and also, of course, cranberry sauce.
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) wild cranberries
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) red wine or cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) canola oil
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) liquid honey
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) cumin
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
Combine cranberries, vinegar, canola oil, honey, cumin, salt and pepper in a blender and blend until smooth. Great on mixed greens.
Yield: 1 1/2 cups (375 mL).
Recipe courtesy of CanolaInfo.