- 1 cup (250 mL) green lentils, cooked
- 2 Tbsp (30 mL) parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 Tbsp (30 mL) onion, finely chopped
- ¼ tsp (1 mL) oregano, dry crumbled
- ¼ tsp (1 mL) thyme, dry crumbled
- 1/8 tsp (0.5 mL) black pepper, ground
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 lb (500 g) pkg. phyllo pastry
- 2 Tbsp (30 mL) canola oil
Preheat oven to 160° C (325° F).
In a food processor or blender, purée lentils*. Add cheese, onion, oregano, thyme, pepper and garlic. Mix well.
Cut individual phyllo pastry sheets into 15 x 20 cm (6” x 8”) pieces. Lightly brush with canola oil.
Spread 1 tsp filling along one end of pastry sheet and roll over once. Turn in edges of pastry and roll up to make a cigar shape. Repeat this procedure until all of the filling has been used.
Place filled pastry rolls on a nonstick baking sheet. Bake rolls 15-20 minutes, or until golden brown.
Makes 12-16 servings.