- ¾ cup (180 mL) dry red lentils
- 1½ (375 mL) cups water
- 1 Tbsp (15 mL) olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- ½ small eggplant, diced
- 1 lb (500 g) sweet potato, cubed
- 1 can Italian Style diced tomatoes, un-drained
- 1 tsp (5 mL) ground ginger
- 1½ (7 mL) tsp curry powder
- 1½ tbsp (22 mL) ground cumin
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 (12 inch) thin prebaked whole wheat pizza crust
- ¼ cup (60 mL) grated Romano cheese
Place pizza crust on pizza pan. Spread the lentils evenly across the surface of the crust out to the edges. Spread sweet potato mixture evenly on top, and sprinkle with cheese.
Recipe courtesy of Canadian Lentils.