Roasted Broccoli and Brussel Sprouts
If you think you don’t like cruciferous vegetables, such as broccoli and brussel sprouts, here’s a dish that will totally change your mind. And if you already like them, well – this will completely blow your mind.
- 3 cups (750 mL) broccoli florets
- 3 cups (750 mL) Brussels sprouts, halved
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) butter
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) 15% cream
- 1 1/4 cups (310 mL) Canadian Swiss cheese, grated
Preheat oven to 425°F (220°C).
In an oven-safe baking dish, mix broccoli, Brussels sprouts,butter and garlic. Season with salt and pepper. Cook in the oven for 25 minutes, stirring 3 times during cooking.
Add cream and cheese. Stir and return to the oven for 2–3 minutes; serve.
Note: Cheese alternative – Canadian Gouda
Recipe and photograph courtesy of www.dairygoodness.ca