Apple & Cider Cobbler
Cheddar cheese and apple pie is a classic combination. This recipe takes it to new heights by adding Canadian cheddar cheese into the biscuit topping of the cobbler.
Serve with a dollop of Canadian cream or vanilla ice cream.
- 8 cups (2 L) peeled apples, cubed cut in wedges
1 1/2 cups (375 mL) apple cider orjuice
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) packed brown sugar
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) butter
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) water
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) cornstarch
- 1 tsp (5 mL) ground cinnamon
- 2 cups (500 mL) biscuit baking mix, preferably homemade
- 1 cup (250 mL) shredded Canadian Cheddar* cheese
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) sugar
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) Milk
Cream or ice cream (optional)
Notes: You can use shredded Canadian Colby or Gouda cheese.
Recipe and photograph provided by www.dairygoodness.ca