Powerhouse Green Smoothie
Start your day strong with an all-in-one meal. Smoothies fit the bill pre- or post-workout because they are quick and easy to make, combine food groups and, as liquids, digest more quickly than solids. Canola oil added to your smoothie contributes omega-3 fat and creates a smooth, creamy consistency.
- 3/4 cup ( 175 mL) seedless green grapes
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) ripe banana slices
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) chopped kale
- 2/3 cup (150mL) non-fat plain Greek yogurt
- 1 1/2 tsp (7 mL) canola oil
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) ice cubes
In blender, combine all ingredients. Blend for about 30 seconds to 1 minute or until desired smoothness is achieved.
Yield: 1 serving. Serving Size: 1 2/3 cups (400 mL).
Total Fat 7 g
Saturated Fat 0.5 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 75 mg
Carbohydrates 42 g
Fibre 3 g
Protein 17 g
Recipe Courtesy of Canola Info.