- 12-16 medium mushrooms
- ¼ cup (60 mL) butter or margarine
- ¼ cup (60 mL) onions, finely chopped
- ¼ tsp (1 mL) salt
- 1/8 tsp (0.5 mL) black pepper, freshly ground
- ½ cup (125 mL) green lentils, cooked
- ½ cup (125 mL) parmesan cheese, grated (or cheddar cheese)
- ½ cup (125 mL) dry plain bread crumbs
Preheat oven to 190° C (350° F).
Remove stems from mushrooms. Chop stems and set aside. Arrange caps in an oiled baking dish.
In a frying pan, stir together butter, chopped stems, onion, salt and pepper. Cook until onions are clear and soft.
Stir in lentils, cheese, and bread crumbs. Remove from heat.
Stuff caps with the lentil mixture. Bake caps for 10-15 minutes, or broil them for about 5 minutes. Serve hot
Makes 12-16 servings.
Recipe courtesy of Canadian Lentils.