This simple pickerel supper allows the delicate flavours of freshwater fish to shine. Serve with a garden green salad topped with Saskatoon Berry Vinaigrette.
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour (60 mL)
- 1/4 tsp salt (1 mL)
- 1/4 tsp pepper (1 mL)
- 2 lbs pickerel fillets (1 kg)
- 3 Tbsp canola oil (45 mL)
- 4 lemon wedges
- Combine flour, salt and pepper in a shallow dish.
- Lightly coat one side of each fillet in flour mixture. Turn each fillet over and coat second side of each fillet.
- Heat a large non-stick skillet over medium heat. Add canola oil. When oil is heated, fry the fillets for approximately 2-3 minutes on each side.
- Garnish with lemon wedges and serve immediately.
Servings 8; Calories 180; Total Fat 7 g; Saturated Fat 0.5 g; Cholesterol 105 mg; Sodium 135 mg; Carbohydrates 3 g; Fibre 0 g; Protein 24 g
This pickerel dinner recipe is courtesy of our friends, Canola Eat Well for Life.