Chocolate Chip and Oatmeal Energy Cookies
• 1/2 cup (125 mL) canned navy beans, rinsed and drained or 1/2 cup (125 mL) canned lentils, rinsed and drained
• 1 egg
• 2 tbsp (30 mL) canola oil
• 3/4 cup (175 mL) brown sugar, packed
• 1 tsp (5 mL) vanilla extract
• 1/2 cup (125 mL) semi-sweet chocolate chips
• 1 1/3 cups (325 mL) rolled oats
• 3/4 cup (175 mL) whole wheat flour
• 1/2 tsp (2 mL) baking soda
Preheat oven to 375°F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper or lightly spray cookie sheet with cooking spray.
Purée beans with egg until smooth in blender.
In a medium bowl, beat canola oil, sugar and vanilla using electric mixer until smooth. Add bean and egg purée and continue beating until well combined.
Add chocolate chips and oats and use wooden spoon to combine.
Sift together flour and baking soda over wet mixture and stir until well combined.
Drop by rounded teaspoon, 2 inches apart on prepared cookie sheet and flatten slightly. Bake for 15 minutes.
Makes 24 cookies.