Chili-Roasted Root Vegetables
Roasting vegetables in a little canola oil brings out new depths of flavour.
- 3 medium beets, trimmed, peeled and cut into 1/2 inch (1.25 cm) wedges
- 3 medium carrots, peeled and cut into 3 inch (7.5 cm) pieces (cut thicker pieces in half lengthwise)
- 4 medium new potatoes, about 1 1/2 oz/45 g each, cut into 1/2 inch (1.25 cm) wedges
- 1 medium to large yellow or red onion, cut into 1/2-inch (1.25 cm) wedges
- 3 1/2 (50 mL) Tbsp canola oil, divided
- 1 tsp (5 mL) garlic powder
- 1 Tbsp (15 mL) chili powder
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) salt
Preheat oven to 425 °F (220 °C). Line large baking sheet with aluminum foil.
In large bowl, combine all ingredients, except salt. Toss until well coated. Place on baking sheet in single layer and bake 30 minutes, stirring and turning every 10 minutes or until richly browned. Remove from oven and sprinkle with salt.
Yield: 10 servings. Serving size:1/2 cup (125 mL).
Recipe courtesy of CanolaInfo.