Pierre Chauvin of Ontario, Canada
On Saturday July 26, 2008 we entertained newlyweds of 44 years at an outdoor anniversary BBQ party. Special guests from PEI and grand-children were on hand.
The local food menu featured:
– Fresh Ontario chicken, slow cooked on a rotisserie;
– Fresh Ontario sweet corn;
– Elmira Tomatoes drizzled with olive oil, balsamic vinegar, garlic and basil;
– Ontario new potato salad with a light dressing consisting of plain yogurt, cider vinegar, mustard seed, fresh parsley and rosemary;
– Fresh Ontario bread;
– Lots of Pelee Island wine; and,
– Fresh Ontario blueberries for dessert.
The Ontario culinary experience was enjoyed by all as the plates were clean and there were no left-overs. The celebration concluded with wine around a campfire (and marshmallows, of course). All left with smiles on their faces and locally grown food in their tummies.