Lentil Granola Bars
- 2 cups (500 mL) quick-cooking rolled oats
- ⅔ cup (150 mL) shredded coconut
- 1 cup (250 mL) brown sugar, lightly packed
- ⅓ cup (75 mL) All-Bran cereal
- ½ tsp (2 mL) cinnamon
- ¾ cup (175 mL) lentil purée
- ½ cup (125 mL) canola oil
- 1 egg, beaten
- ½ tsp (2 mL) vanilla extract
- ¼ cup (50 mL) semi sweet chocolate chips, melted
Preheat oven to 350°F (180˚C). Make sure rack is in centre of oven.
In medium bowl, mix coconut, oats, brown sugar, cereal and cinnamon.
Add lentil purée, oil, egg, and vanilla. Mix until dry ingredients are just moistened.
Spread over a 10 ½ x 16 (25 x 40 cm) nonstick cookie sheet. Bake 30 minutes, or until lightly browned. While bars are still warm, drizzle chocolate over top and cut into 35 bars.
Recipe courtesy of Canadian Lentils.