Honey-Tarragon Salad Dressing for Fresh Greens
This is my go-to dressing for summery greens. Use your imagination and add fresh summer fruit like blueberries or sliced strawberries, petals from a few favourite edible flowers…we love tulips, nasturtiums and begonia blossoms!
All canola oil sold in Canada IS Canadian. Sadly, not the same for sunflower oil which once was a magnificent crop particularly across Manitoba. Today one has to visit specialty stores or farmers markets to suss out locally pressed sunflower oil. It’s truly delicious so is worth the search.
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) cider vinegar
- 2 tsps (10 mL) grainy mustard
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- A handful of chives
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) liquid honey, preferably local
- ½ tsp (2 mL) salt
- ½ tsp (2 mL) freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ cup (60 mL) chopped, fresh tarragon
- 1 ½ cups (375 mL) canola or locally pressed sunflower oil.
Whisk all the ingredients together or combine in a food processor adding oil at the last minute in a constant stream.
Makes about 2 cups (500 mL) dressing.