- 1 Tbsp (15 mL) canola oil
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) black currant or grape juice concentrate
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) grainy Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) fresh lime juice
- 1 salmon fillet, about 13 oz or 370 g
- 1 head dark green leaf lettuce
- 3 cups (750 mL) frozen raspberries, thawed
In small bowl, whisk together vinaigrette ingredients. Reserve 1/2 cup (125 mL) and pour remaining 1 cup (250 mL) into resealable plastic bag. Add salmon to bag, seal and place in refrigerator. Marinate up to 30 minutes.
Wash and dry lettuce. Set aside.
Preheat indoor grill pan or outdoor barbecue to medium heat. Remove salmon from plastic bag and discard marinade. Grill salmon 5-10 minutes or until cooked through, turning once.
Mix together reserved dressing with 2 cups (500 mL) thawed raspberries. Set aside.
Chop lettuce and divide equally between four plates, about 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) per plate.
Divide cooked salmon into four equal pieces and place each piece on top of lettuce. Spoon 1/4 of raspberry mixture over salmon. Garnish with extra raspberries and serve.
Yield: 4 servings.
Serving size: 1 piece salmon, 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) lettuce, 1 Tbsp (15 mL) vinaigrette.
Recipe courtesy of CanolaInfo.