Canada Day Maple-Laced, Strawberry-Tarragon Dressing
Here’s another ALL-Canadian dressing for your summer salad developed at the height of Ontario strawberry season on Canada Day. There is no reason, ever, to buy dressings. Homemade is cheaper, completely additive free and utterly delicious!
Buy fresh strawberries…they can even be a bit overripe…puree them in a food processor and if you have time and freezer space, pour half cupfuls into small sandwich bags and save for later.
There’s a hit of fresh tarragon but you can also use mint or basil.
Into a food processor or blender (likely the one you’ve used to puree the berries) place:
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) fresh strawberry puree
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) maple syrup
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) good quality apple cider vinegar (see Shop Like a Canadian for more info)
- 2 tsps (10 mL) old-fashioned mustard
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) salt
- Several sprigs of fresh tarragon
Process till very well blended. Refrigerate till needed.
Makes 2 cups (500 mL)